Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] pubwork does not include a thesis

Hi Bernhard,

The role attribute can be used to provide more specific semantic meaning to an element instance, and can be used on most elements. You could use <citetitle role="phdthesis"> to capture that meaning.

The DocBook Technical Committee acknowledges that any enumeration of an attribute like pubwork cannot be exhaustive of all the possible values that users might want. For most enumerated attributes, the schema has an extension mechanism in the form of "other". It is executed with two attributes, such as this example for biblioid:

<biblioid class="otherclass" otherclass="somethingnew">

Here "otherclass" is one of the enumerated values of the class attribute, otherclass= is another permitted attribute, and "somethingnew" is an arbitrary string.

However, citetitle does not have this mechanism, so the role attribute would have to be used.