Subject: Re: AW: [docbook-apps] Tool to validate table layouts?

Hi Frank,

Oxygen does have default table layout validation when editing DocBook documents but only from the GUI, not from the command line.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 8/23/2019 3:16 PM, Frank Ralf wrote:
Hi,

oXygen XML Editor does table syntax checking for DITA files. Might be
available for DocBook files as well because the underlying XML structure
ist the same.

hth
Frank

*Von:* Tony Graham <tgraham@antenna.co.jp>
*Gesendet:* Donnerstag, 22. August 2019 17:37
*An:* docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
*Betreff:* Re: [docbook-apps] Tool to validate table layouts?

On 22/08/2019 16:26, Stefan Knorr wrote:
We regularly see issues with table layouts that break PDF builds of
documents. This often goes undetected for weeks because we only build
PDFs only every so often--they take a lot longer to generate than HTML
versions of the same documents.
So, it would be great to have a tool that could detect broken table
layouts early. Namely the following classes of errors:

Nigel Whitaker of DeltaXML wrote some Schematron/XSLT code for checking
CALS tables:

    https://github.com/nigelwhitaker/cals-table-schematron

You may be able to use or adapt that.

Regards,