Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] using olinks everywhere?

On 10/07/2020 16:00, Barton Wright wrote:
As I said, PDF-fu. You work for Antenna House, Masters of the PDF Universe. Case, rested.
Yes, and no (and yes).

Yes, AH Formatter has extensions so that, for example, you can make
internal links that zoom in to a particular area on a particular page.
No, you don't need AH Formatter for links between two PDFs: that's a
function of the URL that you use and whether or not your PDF reader
(irrespective of what generated the PDF) supports the standard PDF URL
parameters. (But maybe yes, after all, given what Bob said about FOP and
IDs.)

But, the question for us is whether the DocBook XSL supports
generating these links, and does so without using (forgive me) a very
expensive FO processor. A quick *find -exec grep* tells me our doc

Yes, and no, again.  The standalone/desktop AH XSL Formatter version
with fewer extensions is USD400, even the Windows version with GUI.
Whether the full server version is expensive for you is a function of
how many pages you make, how many times those pages are going to be
read, and whether you can save developer time and produce the output
that you want by using AH Formatter.

set has about 10,500 olinks. No one is going to fix those manually.

Believe me, I prefer to automate everything.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
--
Senior Architect