Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Thumb index

[Putting the discussion back to the list....]

On 23.7.2020 10:52, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> I am unable to locate the template named footer.table in the entire
> Oxygen 20.1 directory. I am confused. Please where do I have to look?

In fo/pagesetup.xsl file:

https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/blob/master/xsl/fo/pagesetup.xsl

> When I started a new template footer.table and inserted your code, it
> choked on this line: variable not found!

You have to copy original template from the file above into your
customization layer and then add thumb register snippet above the
following line:

<!-- Really output a footer? -->

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing