Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook Transclusion in xslTNG

On 11.5.2021 11:16, Norm Tovey-Walsh wrote:
It appears to have been an attempt to implement the previous draft of
DocBook Transclusion, not the most recent[1], and I donât believe it
works.

Yep, it seems that the XSLT code wasn't updated to the latest translusions draft that is based on XInclude 1.1. As a namespace changed between drafts the most recent XSLT code isn't doing anything. But XSLT transformation at the end of DocBook Transclusion document should be doing right thing so using it as an almost drop-in replacement could do the trick.

I plan to revamp it completely in the next release. Iâd be worried about
doing a backwards incompatible change except, as I said, I donât think
the current implementation does anything remotely useful.

I have one customer who uses original proposal with DocBook 4.3 and XSLT 1.0 stylesheets -- they will not be affected by any change for foreseable future ;-)

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing