Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Canonical DocBook

On 2/27/22 1:18 PM, Frank Steimke wrote:

No block Elements within para

That's in my 80% because neither ODF nor OOXML do allow tables or lists in paragraphs. I would see a great benefit when the DocBook based structural interchange format would allow easy transformation into office Standards, especially ODF.

You potentially lose information by doing that. For example, when normalizing, profiling and other attributes on the enclosing table would need to be copied to the paras you create before and after the table or list and onto the table or list itself as well. But doing so might change the author's intent in subtle ways depending on what job those attributes are doing.

I guess this is Norm's point about everybody having a different 80%.

Regards,

David