Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] TOC placement in pdf

Hello,

The element Iâve used to put things before the toc is <dedication>, which allows a lot more elements than you might expect, including paragraphs and tables.

It is an abuse of the tag, (Iâve used it only for a dedication in our books), but in a pinch, it might do what you need.

Iâm sure others on this list may have some good (probably better:) ideas, but Iâm not sure you can do what you want to do with any other element, unless you modify the stylesheets.

I hope that helps.
Dick Hamilton
-------
XML Press