docbook-publishers message

Subject: Re: [DocBook-publishers] Food for thought: Legal/Govt citations

On 07/11/2007, Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> wrote:

> For example, what is the best practice for marking up the following:
> According to the Bank Holding Company Act (12 USC 1841(c)(2)(F))...
>
> Perhaps there is already support for this in DocBook, but I would guess
> that some additional markup would be beneficial.

What is 'normal' presentation format, i.e. could we work back from that?

> Thoughts? Answers?

Rather than phrases, it's numbering that would have me concerned,
especially if it's automated?

Seemingly each govt, possibly each department, seems to have some
crazy numbering scheme which may have seemed logical years ago
but ....

Lots of examples, then something like the docbook toc layout perhaps?

book
 sect1 1
 sect2 1.1
   section 1.1.1
etc
To give some flexible guidance to the stylesheets as to what form
the numbering could/should take.

regards

--
Dave Pawson