docbook-publishers message

Subject: RFE 3602904: line group and block quote elements

I exchanged messages with pcthoms regarding this RFE:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3602904&group_id=21935&atid=1037852)

He/she is asking that the following be legal:

<drama>
    <line>Text.</line>
      <line>Song.</line>
    <line>Text.</line>
  </linegroup>
</drama>

Right now, you cannot have <line> inside of a <blockquote> element. That's the addition the RFE is asking for.

At first, I thought he/she was just looking for a way to (ab)use the <blockquote> element to get an indent. But, while that is one result of doing this, the actual purpose is to markup a fragment of a song or a poem in the lines from a particular speaker, which sounds like a reasonable thing to do (though I don't know if <blockquote> is the best element to use for this purpose).

Thanks,
Dick
-------
XML Press