Subject: Re: Blessing DocBk XML?

/ eduardo <Eduardo.Gutentag@eng.sun.com> was heard to say:
| There are in fact a few options:
|
| a) Norm puts his XML version of the Docbook DTD, as requested by
| b) Norm presents his XML version of Docbook to this group and asks for
| published with an Oasis/Docbook FPI. What bothers me about this is that

Thinking about it more last night, it occurred to me that there's
another option, publish the DocBk XML DTD on the OASIS site but retain
the Norman Walsh public identifier. This might keep things clearer.
But,

| c) This group requests Norm to postpone any action until the December
| meeting, at which time we try to figure out in person what's the best
| way to proceed (that is, do we go for (a), (b), an xmlization of 4.0,
| etc.)

I think (c) is the way to go for now.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <nwalsh@arbortext.com> | Everything the same; everything
Principal Software Engineer         | distinct.
Arbortext, Inc. (www.arbortext.com) |
413.256.6985 Voice/FAX              |