Subject: [docbook-tc] Metadata action item results

Hi,

The list below is of the items in DocBook that currently have a metadata (usually 'info') element associated with them:

appendix
article
bibliography
book
chapter
glossary
*object   (media, audio, image, text; the element is 'objectinfo' for all of them)
msgentry (associated  with msginfo)
part
preface
refentry  (associated with refentryinfo and refmeta)
reference
refsect[123]
refsynopsisdiv
screen
sect[12345]
section
setindex
set
sidebar

In addition to the above elements, the following elements seem to be reasonable candidates for having metadata elements associated with them:

equation, example, figure, table
        (plus, or not, the informal versions of these)
msgset, qandasdet
procedure, itemizedlist, orderedlist, variablelist

My examination of DocBook elements didn't suggest any other likely candidates for adding metadata elements to, and I would be very disinclined to add metadata elements to lots of elements.

I also question our differentiating between sect1info and sect2info, when I suspect that a common 'sectioninfo' element would be more useful, as would a common 'refsectinfo'.  As far as I can tell the content models for the sect?info, sectioninfo, refsect?info, and refsynopsisdivinfo elements are all identical, so we might even want to have a single 'sectioninfo' for all types of sections.

Regards,

Nancy

Nancy (Paisner) Harrison
Rational Software