Subject: [docbook-tc] Re: unique identifiers for XML character entities?

After sending my first message about this, I checked the entity files
on my Debian system and on a Red Hat system, and found that they are
also packaging a version of the XML "iso-num" character entity file
that has been altered to comment out the declarations for the "lt" and
"amp" entities.

So, it's a bigger issue than just the Cygwin package distribution. It
seems like we might need to do some awareness-raising to let everybody
know they should be using the standard files available as the OASIS
DocBook site, a least once we have an official committee spec for the
XML character entities.

  --Mike