Subject: [docbook-tc] [Pierre-Yves.DUCHEMIN@bnf.fr] Docbook

Fancy a trip to France? Or know someone who does?

--- Begin Message ---

     Hello,

     To the request of ENSSIB (The French Upper School in Information sciences
and libraries) situated in Lyon, I am organizing the program of a 3 day workshop
(octiber, 8-10 2002). This workshop (preliminary program joined) deals with
"Formats and indexation of digital documents : XML, XSL, XPath, Dublin Core,
DTDs (TEI, EAD, BiblioML, Onix, Docbook, etc.) and is intended for 30 library
managers interested in these matters.

     I did not dare to write a message to you but Pierre Attar, a friend of
mine, told me that there was no problem to write to the designer himself !

     I would be very grateful to you if you coud advise me for a speaker able to
present the Docbook DTD, its purpose, its structure and, if possible, some
applications on October Wednesday 9th from 11.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m. Speaking
french would obviously be ideal but it is not mandatory.

     ENSSIB provides a PC with floppy and CD reader, Powerpoint, a Barco and an
Internet connexion. If any other software or hardware were requested, plesa let
me know.

     ENSSIB pays travel, food and hotel at gives money to the rate of a
university teacher.

     If it was not possible to you to advise me with a speaker, may I ask you,
if you have already prepared such presentations, to let them available to me in
order to show them during the workshop ? You would obviously be mentioned as the
author and Pierre Attar, who already is a Docbook user, seems to be able to run
the presentation.

     Waiting for your answer,

     With my best regards.

     (See attached file: ENSSIB-E23.doc)