Subject: [docbook-tc] Re: [Pierre-Yves.DUCHEMIN@bnf.fr] Docbook

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Fancy a trip to France? Or know someone who does?

> From: Pierre-Yves.DUCHEMIN@bnf.fr
> To: ndw@nwalsh.com
> Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:39:40 +0200
> Subject: Docbook

[...]

>      I would be very grateful to you if you coud advise me for a speaker able to
> present the Docbook DTD, its purpose, its structure and, if possible, some
> applications on October Wednesday 9th from 11.00 a.m to 1.00 p.m. Speaking
> french would obviously be ideal but it is not mandatory.

I'd suggest Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> or Camille Begnis
<camille@mandrakesoft.com>.

Both of them are active on the mailing lists and seem to have a lot of
knowledge and enthusiasm about DocBook and a lot of hands-on experience.

Yann has the experience of having built a DocBook subset, Alcovebook
(and released it publicly), and Camille has managed the development of
an open-source DocBook-based content-management system, Borges.

I've corresponded with both of them in the past, and, if you want, can
contact them to find out if they might be available/interested. Just let
me know.

  --Mike