OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 24 Sep 2003

Hash: SHA1

Apologies for the late posting.

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 24 Sep 2003

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 24 Sep 2003 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Next meeting: 15 Oct 2003 (conflict for Norm)
4. Review of the agenda
5. Review of open action items

    a. Norm to follow-up on RFE 562343: <packagename> element
    b. Norm to write better documentation for option/optional
    c. Norm to ask Denis Evans for his opinions on REF #686733, allow
       bibliography under <refentry>
    d. Norm to describe how topical indexes might be created with
       a custom stylesheet.
    e. Norm to describe how the prototype works and how it was constructed.
    f. Mike to provide a better proposal for choicelist markup.
       Mike to reconsider the annotation problem and post his thoughts.
    g. Norm to propose bibliolist.
    h. Norm to add a code element.

6. DocBook V4.3
7. DocBook V5.0 (RELAX NG)
8. Annotations
9. Review of Requests for Enhancement

   [ Consult SourceForge, I haven't had a chance to review these ]

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      697374 marking up keycaps according to their semantics
      740647 List or Table of Procedures.
      742373 Splitting Segmented List
      742624 refentry and bibliography

      436067 splitting tech.char.class 
      473365 Allow optional in funcprototype 
      482818 Simplify ToC content model 
      514435 Allow reference within refentry 
      541444 caption in mediaobjectco 
      558443 include storage info in metadata 
      562343 <packagename> element 
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link 
      565716 URL and URN markup 
      573419 Add bidirectional text overrides 
      582822 VARARG and FUNCDEF together 
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup 
      638456 RFE add a <translator> tag
      655526 funcprototype enhancement
      660044 Controlling line numbering in verbatims
      679316 Allow orgname tag within paragraphs
      686733 allow bibliography under <refentry>

     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME 
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element
      574880 Add annotation element 
      613293 Generalize programlisting 
      621564 New element Task and children

     The following RFEs are identified as V6.0 or later

      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200308/msg00037.html

                                        Be seeing you,

- -- 
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Blessed is he who expects nothing,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | for he shall never be
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | disappointed.--Pope
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]