OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 April 2004

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 April 2004

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 21 April 2004 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Next meeting: 19 May 2004.
4. Review of the agenda.
   (Reminder: allocate time for RFEs).
5. Review of open action items

    a. Mike to provide a better proposal for choicelist markup.
    b. Mike to reconsider the annotation problem and post his thoughts.
    c. Dick to examine the use of alt, possibly as part 
       of the annotation discussion.
    d. Norm to summarize the OASIS requirements document for
       the document management system and the ensuing discussion.
    e. Norm to complete the reference pages for the
       new 4.3 elements on the docbook.org site.
    f. Norm to publish these unofficial versions
        - RelaxNG XML version
        - RelaxNG compact syntax version
        - W3C XML Schema
        - flattened version of the XML DTD
    g. Norm to post a reference to the paper written
       with Sebastian Rahtz regarding TEI.
    h. Norm to produce a draft spec of 5.0.

6. OASIS document management system. 

7. DocBook V4.3 bug report: no catalog entry
   for HTML table module.

8. Where is biblioref permitted?
   %xref.char.class is smaller than %link.char.class

9. Using textdata to generalize programlisting.

10. Request for canonical URIs for Docbook DTDs. [2]

11. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      543064 JavaObject tag
      675024 form, script, applet support
      698026 cannot embed <superscript> within <guibutton>
      702185 add procedure as child of para
      711815 Tagging for subtler breaks or "pauses" within a chapter
      742373 Splitting Segmented List
      752632 Color control of CALS table element
      798616 syntax="" or notation="" needed for code listings (closed?)
      828720 'spacing' attr. for 'variablelist'
      882791 Allow 'procedure' within 'para' (duplicate of 702185)
      933955 Add subscript and superscript to Simplified.

     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (Norm, generic linking)
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (Norm)
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element (Mike, annotations)
      541444 caption in mediaobjectco (Dick)
      562343 <packagename> element (Mark)
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link (Norm, generic linking)
      574880 Add annotation element (Mike)
      613293 Generalize programlisting (Steve)
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup (Mike)

     The following RFEs are identified as V6.0 or later

      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200403/msg00010.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200404/msg00032.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]