Subject: FW: [ docbook-DocBook RFEs-971095 ] Allow <authorgroup> anywhere <author> is allowed

FYI. Closed out RFE 971095 (Allow <authorgroup> anywhere <author> is
allowed) with comment below.

  --Mike

----- Forwarded message from "SourceForge.net" <noreply@sourceforge.net> -----

To: noreply@sourceforge.net
From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply@sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:05:06 -0700

DocBook RFEs item #971095, was opened at 2004-06-11 21:38
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by xmldoc
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384107&aid=971095&group_id=21935

Category: DocBook XML
Group: v4.2

Initial Comment:
As I am currently writing an activity report for a team, I went into
the problem of listing all its members with their contacts in an
annex.

The way I first did it is using a <variablelist>, put a <
personname> in each <term>,  and a <para> with an
<author> in each <listitem>.

However, an <authorgroup> would seem closer to my idea of
a list of persons, and would avoid some verbosity. Thing is, <
authorgroup> was meant to be put in some <*info> or <
biblio*>, and processed as meta-information. Whereas one can
write an <author> almost anywhere, it is not possible to do so
with an <authorgroup>.