Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook 4.3 draft specification?

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| I just encountered someone who has not adopted DocBook 4.3 because the
| docbook.org site shows it as a "Committee Draft 4.3":
|
| http://www.docbook.org/specs/cd-docbook-docbook-4.3.html
|
| I don't see in the minutes since then that we converted that to a Committee
| Specification.  Should I put that on the agenda?

OASIS took "Committee Specification" away from us. I'm not happy about
it, but what can we do.

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standards_approval

What we can do is take it to "OASIS Standard" but that's a heavyweight
process. I guess we should talk about it.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Not to be absolutely certain is, I
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | think, one of the essential things
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | in rationality.--Bertrand Russell