OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 April 2005

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 April 2005

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 20 April 2005 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 18 May 2005
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

   a. Norm to obtain OASIS namespace naming rules.

   b. Norm to publish a version of the 5.0 spec before
      the next meeting.

   c. Bob to create a new annotations proposal.

   d. Norm to release Simplified DocBook 1.1.

6.  OASIS TC Process changes

7.  DTD V5 development status.
    Is caption allowed in mediaobject in 5.0? 

8.  DocBook namespaces.
      Continued from previous meeting.

9. Annotation proposal (Bob).  
    Continued from previous meeting.
    See latest proposal and follow-ups.  [2]

10.  Table model purity (Bob).
      Continued from previous meeting.
      See email discussion thread.  [3]

      a.  Common attributes on HTML tables.
      b.  pgwide, tabstyle, and floatstyle on HTML tables.

11.  Next version of DocBook Simplified:
     base it on DocBook 4.4?

12. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      1182626 Update Elements/Attributes in HTML Forms Module

     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      973446 Replace Footnote with Annotation 
      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (Norm, generic linking)
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (Norm)
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element 
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link (Norm, generic linking)
      574880 Add annotation element 
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup 

     The following RFEs are identified as V5.0 or later

      1097183 Allow Task as a sibling of sections 
      1084491 Add address, orgname, orgdiv to corpauthor, corpcredit, etc. 
      974285 Check floatstyle/float attributes
      958393 remove default class value from productname 
      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200503/msg00009.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200504/msg00012.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200504/msg00005.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]