Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] 5.0b1 test test release

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|
|> How does this look? Version numbers, pubdates, etc. are still
|> temporary, mostly I'm looking to see if you think I've forgotten files
|> or really botched the organization.
|
| Unfortunatelly WXS has same problem as DTD -- all attributes are defined as
| required.

Sigh. Do I want to hack the sources to fix that, or patch the XSD?

| The real problem is that according to Xerces current schema break UPA
| rules. E.g.:
|
| "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook":inlinemediaobject and
| "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook":db.graphic.inlines (or elements from their
| substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During
| validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two
| particles.
|
| Norm, how you are generating WXS schemas? Using Trang or your own tool?

I'm generating them with Trang from docbook.rng.

I wonder if that's a bug in Xerces. db.graphic.inlines is an abstract
class, I wouldn't have thought that UPA would apply. Shrug. I'll investigate.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | He that will not apply new
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | remedies must expect new evils;
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | for time is the great