Subject: New agenda item: MathML and SVG support in V5.0

Hi Bob,

could you please add this to an agenda of our next telcon?

The current V5.0 grammar allows any MathML or SVG markup on several
places. However people who will use MathML or SVG with DocBook will need
real validation against MathML and SVG schema in those places. Actually
it is pretty easy to create custom schema which facilite this. An
example of such schema for MathML is in the following message:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200511/msg00018.html

The question is whether we want to ship such custom schemas in the
official distribution. If yes, do we want to distribute them alone or
also with MathML and SVG schemas on which they depend.

I think that I most like idea of distributing schemas for
DocBook+MathML, DocBook+SVG and DocBook+MathML+SVG which will reference
standard DocBook 5.0 schema and external MathML and SVG schema. Because
there are no normative RELAX NG schemas for MathML and SVG, I think that
we shouldn't include them directly in the distribution and we should
just instruct people where to get them (this can be described in HOW-TO).

I think that it will be sufficient to provide those schemas only in
RELAX NG, because we have a lot of problems with DTD and WXS even
without any additional stuff.

If there is consensus about this issue I can create schema customization
and extend HOW-TO appropriately.

					Jirka

Nejbližší termíny školení: XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.
          *** DocBook 5.-7.12. *** XSL-FO 19.-20.12. ***

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature