Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook for Commercial Publishing (expandingour world view)]

Hi Norm,

indeed, I am interested in the charter aspect on this discussion list.

As Bob pointed out, our current charter states:
"Most requests for enhancement that are not motivated by a requirement
in computer hardware or software documentation are considered out of
scope. It is not a goal of the Technical Committee to expand the scope
of DocBook to include additional, unrelated problem domains."
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/charter.php

I would like to propose that we revise the charter to more clearly
support structured content in both the technical publications and
commercial publishing domains. They are both related domains as to the
structure and nature of their content (books, articles, periodicals).

Best regards,

--Scott

Norman Walsh wrote:
> [...]

begin:vcard
fn:Scott Hudson
n:Hudson;Scott
org:Flatirons Solutions
adr:Suite 200;;4747 Table Mesa Drive ;Boulder;CO;80305;USA
email;internet:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com
title:Consultant
tel;work:303-542-2146
tel;fax:303-544-0522