Subject: Agenda suggestion

With respect to RFEs this month, I suggest we begin discussing a
"feature freeze" for 5.0. So, let's look at the RFEs we have, decide
which we really think are necessary for 5.0 and pick a date beyond
which no RFEs other than clear bugs will be considered for 5.0.

Looking at the current list, I'd be tempted to make the cut this way:

For 5.0:

1682917  add pgwide to example
1679775  Fix termdef so that glossterm isn't ambiguous
1673820  define an xlink:role for olinking
1666938  Add a description element to subject
1664541  allow termdef in acronym
1644553  Add a label attribute to all elements with caption
1641607  Add values for (table|informaltable)/@frame
1626321  Add a frame attribute to entrytbl element
1588693  Allow ackno in book

I'm not suggesting I approve of all the proposals made in those RFEs,
only that we ought to decide them before we ship 5.0.

After 5.0:

1679712  Fix header comment in dbpoolx.mod (SGML)
1679665  Add better support for modular documentation
 669128  Investigate MIME type situation

I suggest that we make the cutoff date for new RFEs to be considered
in 5.0 14 days from the publication of CR3.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |