OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 16 January 2008

/ "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> was heard to say:
| Minutes
| 1. Roll call

Norm, Paul, Dick, Ron, Jirka

| 2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.


| 3. Next meeting: 20 February 2008

Possible regrets from Jirka.

| 4. Review of the agenda.

Dick wonders about a "DocBook Cookbook", added as agenda item 9.

Otherwise, accepted.

| 5. Review of open action items
|  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.


|  b. Norm to fix required refsect2 and refsect3
|     in the DTD and XSD versions of 5.0.


|  c. Norm to investigate tocdiv conversion script problems.


|  d. Norm to submit the DB5 standards paperwork to OASIS.

In progress.

|  e. Bob and Norm to discuss how to divide up The
|     Definitive Guide for reviewers.


| 6.  DocBook 5.0 

We're still dotting i's and crossing t's to get get V5.0 as an
official Committee Specification.

Jirka wonders if we can publish the schemas in advance.

Norm agrees to publish the schemas now, will revise the specification
if the title changes.

| 7.  Subcommittee report.

Scott not present.

| 8.  Review of Requests for Enhancement
|    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
|      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&;;
|      group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=XXXX
|    These RFEs postponed until after 5.0 release
|      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
|      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation
|      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit?
|      1770787 Rename firstname and surname
|      1778566  allow <xref> and <linkend> in <type>  
|    RFEs to be considered (as of 14 January):
|      1812264  insert and delete. block and inline level 

Norm not sure why new elements are needed, will ask Dave.

ACTION: Norm to follow-up with submitter on 1812264.

| [1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200711/msg00007.html

9. DocBook Cookboook

Dick reminds us that there was a short thread back on docbook-apps in
September about building a "Cookbook". We could assemble them together
into something more formal. Dick is considering taking this on as a
project. Good idea?

Norm: Yeah, verily, go for it! I suggest you look at the O'Reilly
"cookbook" series.

10. Any other business?

None. Adjourned.

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |

PGP signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]