Subject: Charter update

I have been looking at the DocBook TC charter as part of my action item
to update the deliverables and clarify the charter with respect to the
publishing sub-committee. I have several questions that I hope the group
can help with.  Here they are:

1) With EBNF, HTML Forms, MathML, and SVG as part of the standard,
either explicitly or through namespaces, these modules are no longer
maintained separately. I plan to remove references to these specific
modules from the charter, but leave in the reference to possible new
modules. Does that sound like the right approach?

2) I can find no reference to Simplified DocBook in any recent minutes,
and don't remember if we ever discussed it in the context of 5.0. Do we
want to create a simplified version of 5.0, and if so, what might a
reasonable schedule be as a target for the charter? Right now, I have a
placeholder, v1.2 in Q1-2009.

3) Do we want to specify a tentative date (quarter) for V5.1?

4) The charter lists the following users of DocBook: Debian, Fedora,
FreeBSD, GNOME, Hewlett-Packard, IBM Linux Technology Center, KDE, Linux
Documentation Project, Mandrakelinux, PHP, Red Hat, SUSE, Subversion,
and Sun Microsystems. What should be added or deleted (I know that
Mandrakelinux needs to be changed to Mandriva), or do we need this
section at all?

Regards,
Dick Hamilton
rlhamilton@frii.com