OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 December 2008

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 December 2008

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday,
17 December 2008 at 1:00p EST (10:00a PST, 18:00GMT,
18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 03:00JST+, 11:30p India+) for 90

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

Unless we hear from Norm, this is the phone number
 for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
 Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 21 January 2009
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.

  b. Norm to write up a backwards compatibility policy document.

  c. Gershon to communicate with JoAnne Hackos regarding adoption committee.

  d. Norm to incorporate group parameter change (RFE 1998852) into the 
     for 5.1.

  e. Norm to ask mailing list about 'rep' on methodparam.

  f. Bob to follow up with Norm regarding submittal to OASIS.

  g. Dick to review charter and propose changes.

  h. Norm to update OASIS site for 5.0 spec and schema.

  i. Norm to update spec to include public and system identifiers
     for the 5.0 DTD version.

  j. Norm to ask James Clark if Trang update will work better.

  k.  Bob to ask mailing list who is using 5.0, which validation
      tool they are using, and why using DTD or XML Schema
      instead of RelaxNG.

  l. Jirka to add schema comparison table to DocBook 5.0 Transition Guide.

  m. Bob to move the delayed RFEs to the general list
     for the next agenda.

  n. Norm to add floatstyle attribute to sidebar for 5.1.

  o. Norm to write up proposed content model for initializer.

  p. Norm to add subtitle to sidebar for 5.1.

6.  DocBook TC charter review.

7.  DocBook 5.0 standards update

9.  Discussion of RelaxNG without Schematron (Jirka).

10.  Policy for backwards compatible changes (Norm).

11.  Publishing Subcommittee report (Scott).

12. DocBook Adoption Committee proposal (Gershon).

13. Using a map for modular DocBook (Dick and Jim).

14.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to be considered
      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation
      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit?
      1770787  Rename firstname and surname
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad
      2021383  Is 'rep' on methodparam a mistake?
      2100736  initializer should allow constants


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200811/msg00005.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]