OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda - 25 March 2009

On point M, I can confirm that Penguin UK have adopted DocBook 5 in
Relax NG as our XML standard, we did this in mid-2007.

Penguin Books are a Pearson Company who are Oasis members at a
Contributor level.

Let me know if you need any further information, testimonial etc.



Project Manager for Conversion and Archiving
Content Management Programme
Penguin Group (UK)
80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL
Phone: +44 (0)20 7010 4134
E-mail: richard.kwan@uk.penguingroup.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net] 
Sent: 25 March 2009 15:22
To: DocBook Technical Committee
Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda - 25
March 2009

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 25 March 2009

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday,
25 March 2009 at 1:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST,
02:00JST+, 11:30p India+) for 90 minutes.

NOTE ON MEETING TIME: The USA and Canada switched to Daylight Savings
Time on 8 March, but Europe switches on 29 March and Israel on 27 March.
The meeting time is 17:00GMT for everyone, so please check your time.

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective
members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: +1-719-387-5556
 Code: 902213

The DocBook TC uses the #docbook IRC channel on irc.freenode.org.  The
IRC channel is used for exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band comments,
and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 18 February 2009
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Bob to organize TDG reading after names are fixed.

  b. Norm to write up a backwards compatibility policy document.

  c. Norm to incorporate group parameter change (RFE 1998852) into the
     for 5.1.

  d. Norm to ask mailing list about 'rep' on methodparam.

  e. Norm to update OASIS site for 5.0 spec and schema.

  f. Norm to update spec to include public and system identifiers
     for the 5.0 DTD version.

  g. Jirka to add schema comparison table to DocBook 5.0 Transition

  h. Norm to add floatstyle attribute to sidebar for 5.1.

  i. Norm to write up proposed content model for initializer.

  j. Norm to add subtitle to sidebar for 5.1.

  k. Dick to incorporate the final charter changes and send out for

  l. Norm to determine OASIS requirements for charter updates.

  m. Norm to solicit for a third DocBook 5 user again.

6.  DocBook TC charter review.

7.  DocBook 5.0 standards update

8.  Policy for backwards compatible changes (Norm).

9.  Publishing Subcommittee report (Scott).

10. Using a map for modular DocBook (Dick and Jim).

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to be considered
      1097183  Allow Task as a sibling of sections
      1679665  Add better support for modular documentation
      1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit?
      1770787  Rename firstname and surname
      1907003  biblioid content model too broad
      2021383  Is 'rep' on methodparam a mistake?
      2100736  initializer should allow constants


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200812/msg00007.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

This email was sent by a company owned by Pearson plc, registered office at 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
Registered in England and Wales with company number 53723

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]