Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] A first stab at documenting assemblies

Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> writes:
> Hopefully this is more clear?

Not really. Maybe I'm trying too hard. Here's a model I think I
understand: a relationship associates a set of {modules|resources}.
The relationship can have a type attribute to identify the type of the
relationship.

These associations are available to the stylesheet for whatever purpose
stylesheet authors choose to make of it.

During assembly, they don't translate into any changes to the combined
resources, they're simply propagated through so that the next level of
processing can take advantage of them.

Is that all the standard semantics provide? Everything else is determined
by the stylesheet author?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | We humans are such limited
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | creatures--how is it that there
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | are so few limits when it comes to