Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Simplified DocBook documentation

Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:
> On 15 June 2011 15:23, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
>> Here's the Simplified version:
>>
>>  http://nwalsh.com/scratch/sdocbook/
>>
>> It's got the "references to elements not in this book" problem in spades.
>
> Why do some elements have the (db.x.y) subscript? Seems irregular?
> Understandable for info, with n options, but others?

It only shows up for elements that have multiple patterns, but in
simplified some of the other patterns aren't present, so it's more
than usually confusing.

Also, I don't think the elements are sorted into the right order. My
bad that, I think.

> I see table (db.cals.table)  but not the root table entry for xhtml tables?

CALS tables are there, it's just way out of place in the TOC.

> Why is option there, but not command?

I have no idea. Or rather, no recollection.

> Ditto lineannotation  seems OTT for simpdoc?
> And replaceable, subjectterm, OTT?

Could be. I was trying to recreate what we defined as simplified years
ago. I don't know if those are current mistakes (I got it wrong) or
past mistakes (I should never have put them in simplified to begin
with).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Someone has changed your life.
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | Save? (y/n)
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |