Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Re: RFE 3107140

On 20 June 2011 08:30, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> On 16.6.2011 22:19, Norman Walsh wrote:
>
>> I think we may have to put the wrapper in the other way:
>>
>> <expansion>
>>   <acronym>NASA</acronym>
>>   <alt>National Aeronautics and Space Administration</alt>
>> </expansion>
>>
>> But that seems awfully heavy.
>
> I still don't understand why we can't use
>
> <acronym>NASA<alt>National Aeronautics and Space
> Administration</alt></acronym>
>
> Which is currently allowed by schema and such usage of alt was endorsed
> few years ago exactly for accessibility pursposes. IIRC stylesheet
> already support this markup and generate appropriate title attribute in
> HTML output.

An earlier comment was that we'd *have to* allow a bunch of inlines if we
put markup within acronym?
  I accepted it then, but in hindsight, it is plain wrong.

I disagree with alt as internal markup on semantic grounds
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/alt.html

 <acronym>NASA<expansion>National Aeronautics and Space
 Administration</expansion></acronym>

is good for me.
I.e. something semantically correct?

HTH