OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 June 2013

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 June 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 at
1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Loren Cahlander, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison,
Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Bob Stayton,
Norm Walsh

Regrets: Larry Rowland

2. Accepting the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.


3. Next meeting: 17 July 2013

Scott gives regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

 b.  Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.

 c.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.

 d.  Norm to clarify bridgehead entry in TDG to indicate
     that bridgeheads are not numbered like sections.

 e.  Norm to update The Definitive Guide that the
     behavior of nested links is undefined by the standard.

f. Norm to prevent link element nested within link element in DocBook 5.1.

 g.  Norm to produce a DocBook 5.1 candidate release.

 h.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag

 i.  Norm to add result element to DocBook 5.1 schema.

 j.  Dick to fix the DocBook5 conversion stylesheet on SourceForge.

 k.  Bob to review Dick's fixes to the conversion stylesheet.

 l.  Norm to change info from "zero or one" to "zero or more"
     in DocBook 5.1.

 m.  Norm to pull the rdfalite schema together as a non-normative
     release candidate.

 n.  Norm to provide Jirka with access to the schema repository
     for ITS 2.0.

6.  OASIS website issues

Norm said OASIS requires committee documents to be on
the OASIS website and nowhere else, and they must
go through the review process.  Such restrictions are
hampering efforts to support DocBook with
non-normative extensions and support documents.
Nancy: what about internal working documents?

ACTION: Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
internal published items, such as draft specs and
non-normative customization layers.

7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

No subcommittee reports.
Scott says the table accessibility issue may come back to
clarify caption/title/summary conflicts.

ACTION: Jirka to investigate table captioning with Scott.

8.  Transclusion in DocBook

The W3C is making progress on the new XInclude,
Norm is preparing a new draft.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

Norm is preparing a candidate release.

10.  Change info instance from one to many.

Norm pushed back on this change, saying almost any element
could receive the same duplication treatment for profiling
purposes.  It also forces all processing to handle
the ambiguity introduced.  Norm suggested that this
be handled by a local schema extension if needed, or
use duplicate elements within info instead.
The Committee agreed and withdrew this change.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

Note that SourceForge renumbered all tracker
items during the recent project upgrade.
The unique numbers across projects have been
replaced by a new sequence within each tracker
(now called Tickets).  You can still search
on the old tracker number.  I include the
new ticket numbers below.

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0

   247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

  RFEs under discussion

  Ticket  Tracker
   260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
   273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
   291   3491860   license tag
   300   3593209   Add see/seealso under

ACTION: Norm to implement see/seealso under.

   301   3599576   'info' wrapper element for processing titlepage elements
   302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org

  No New RFEs


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201305/msg00013.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]