OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 September 2013

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minute: 18 September 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at
1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Loren Cahlander, Dick Hamilton, Nancy Harrison,
Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton,

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Norm Walsh

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 16 October 2013
4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

 b.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag

 c.  Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
     internal published items, such as draft specs and
     non-normative customization layers.

 d.  Jirka and Scott to investigate table captioning.

 e.  Norm to update the catalog distributed with DocBook
     to support "www".

 f.  Bob to put slides schema/assembly work on the
     agenda for next meeting.

6.  OASIS website issues


7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

No reports.

8. Transclusion in DocBook

9.  DocBook 5.1 release


10.  slides schema/assembly

Larry reported on his work to use DocBook assembly for
slides.  He found no advantages for a simple ad hoc set of
slides, but it could be very useful when reusing content
from DocBook documents in slides.  He also saw potential
in eLearning situations.

He had problems using the new slides stylesheets.
Jirka asked about support in Oxygen XML editor for slides.
We would need to get the new slides working in
DocBook XSL distributions, since that is what Oxygen uses.

11.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

Note that SourceForge renumbered all tracker items during the recent project upgrade.
The unique numbers across projects have been
replaced by a new sequence within each tracker
(now called Tickets).  You can still search
on the old tracker number.  I include the
new ticket numbers below.

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0

247 1907003 biblioid content model too broad
  RFEs under discussion
Ticket Tracker 260 2820947 Ability to transclude text
   273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
   291   3491860   license tag
   302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org

No RFEs were discussed at the meeting.


[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201308/msg00000.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]