OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 November 2014

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 19 November 2014

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 19 November 2014.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton

Regrets: Scott Hudson, Norm Walsh

Absent: Loren Cahlander

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous (August) meeting.

3. Next meeting: 17 December 2014

No regrets.

4. Review of the agenda.

No additions.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
      OASIS Standard.

  b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude

  c.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

  d.  Bob to work with Norm to request Oxygen to implement
      XInclude 1.1.

  e.  Bob to add discussion of "DocBook Transclusions" to the
      next agenda.

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

No report.

7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

XMLMind is planning to implement XInclude 1.1, which will give
the W3C a second implementation that they need for final

Jirka reported that the XInclude 1.1 proposal was changed
slightly [2].

This update will change the name of the proposed attribute db:id to

Another change is in specifying local attributes, but that change
is still under discussion.

8.  Jirka's "DocBook Transclusions" document

We discussed Jirka's document[3] and suggested several changes:

a. Change @db:id to @set-xml-id per the changed XInclude 1.1 spec.

b. Any attributes used by XInclude but not valid in DocBook5 should
be stripped out of the resolved document after processing.

c. Change id prefix to id suffix.

d. Set the default value for db:linkscope to "near".

e. Include @linkend, @xlink:href (local), and olink @targetptr in
id fixup process.

f. For nested XIncludes, the XInclude attributes are inherited. Any
nested db:suffix values are chained.

g. Remove "strip" value from possible values of @db:idfixup.

h. Propose separate new namespace for idfixup/suffix/linkscope
attributes in order to make it possible to use transclusions
outside of DocBook.

ACTION: Jirka to update the document with these changes.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

We discussed Norm's proposed DocBook 5.1 Committee Specification
Draft.  Jirka would like to include the W3C Internationalization Tag
Set [5] as an optional but official DocBook schema.

Jirka also noted that some other schemas mentioned in changelog
are missing, for example RDFa Lite.

ACTION: Jirka to summarize and contact Norm about changing the spec
to include additional schemas.

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0

    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion

   Ticket  Tracker
    260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
    291   3491860   license tag  (hold for 5.2)

   No new RFEs


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201410/msg00002.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201411/msg00005.html
[3] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201409/msg00001.html
[4] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201411/msg00001.html
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/its/

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]