Subject: DocBook TC Meeting Agenda, 17 May 2017

Hi Everyone,

Here is the agenda for this week’s meeting.

Note that we have been discussing moving the meeting away from the third Wednesday of the month because Scott has an unavoidable meeting that conflicts with that day and time.

If any other member is unable to attend this week, I don’t think we'll meet quorum. So, if that’s the case for anyone, please reply to the group and we can re-schedule.

Also, the dial-in is TBD. If we meet this week and Scott has a WebEx we can use without him, then that would work; if not, I suggest using Skype.

Finally, if anyone has status on action items, let me know and I’ll adjust for the minutes.

Dick
===========

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 17 May 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday,
17 May 2017 at 2:00pm ET

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.

This is the phone number for Wednesday's DocBook TC call:

Phone: TBD
Code: TBD

Agenda

1. Roll call

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (19 April 2017)

3. Next meeting: 14 June 2017

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

  a:  Jirka: Create more examples and provide more options to resolve Github issue 52

  b:  Larry: Investigate whether we have already implemented Github 54
       Follow up from February's meeting:  Larry volunteered to generate
       some sample cases to show where XInclude would be useful.

  c:  Dick: For Github issue 71, investigate to see how we might add a license
       link to legalnotice using class, info, or other existing markup.

  d:  Larry: Come up with a list of alternatives to the proposed buildtarget element using current elements.
       Discussed at last meeting. Larry agreed to initiate an exchange on the mailing list to look at this issue
       from a broader viewpoint.

  e:  Bob: Talk with Norm to clarify Github issue 72 and determine which
       sites need https and which already have it.
       Expand issue to have Bob ask Norm about getting broader permissions on docbook.org.

  f: Scott: Set up WebEx connection for future meetings.

6. Discuss how we might add a license link to legalnotice using class, info,
    or other existing markup. (Github issue 71)

7. DocBook TC representation at the OASIS award ceremony.

8. Plans to recruit new members to the TC.

9. We received the following message from Kevin Mangold. Let's discuss and send him feedback:

I am contacting you on behalf of the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB). We are putting together a manual that new and existing editors can use to facilitate development of their respective project(s). We are hoping that your experience as a TC Secretary that you would be able to help provide some feedback (this email is only going out to TC Chairs and Secretaries -- you may wish to forward this to your TC for further discussion).

If you could provide a couple of items/topics you would think would add value to this manual, that would be fantastic! Also, any tips or tricks you or your TC has learned through its own development is helpful, too.

Thank you and your help is much appreciated!

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

  To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):
  https://github.com/docbook/docbook/issues/NUMBER

Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open on Github until included
                     in a release, but they are not listed here):

  6     Add buildtarget element
         See action d: above.
  52   Allow multimediaparam in imagedata
         See action a: above.
  54   Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema
         See action b: above.
  71   license tag (migrated from sourceforge)
         See action c: above.
  72   The DocBook websites should really be using https
         See action e: above.
  78   Schema website should be updated
         See action e: above.

  Items 82, 83, 84, 85, and 86 are now tagged for the publisher's schema and will be omitted from
  the TC minutes going forward.

  NEW
  88   DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org
  91   Allow types (when used in method and function) to be more than 1 type.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201704/msg00008.html