OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - Meeting Minutes 9 August 2017 uploaded

Submitter's message
DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 August 2017

The DocBook Technical Committee met Wednesday, 9 August 2017


1. Roll call
>> Bob, Dick, Larry, and Scott

2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (14 June 2017)
>> Accepted

3. Next meeting: 13 September 2017

4. Review of the agenda.
>> Discuss email from OASIS about meeting minutes
>> Dick has read the email, and he believes we currently comply with the
>> requirements stated in the message.

5. Review of open action items

a: All: send Larry use case examples for adding license information to content.

b: Larry: create some use case examples for adding license information and include any use cases contributed by other TC members.
Ready for discussion: see email from Larry [2]
>> Some are very complex, including sections, tables, lists, even figures.
>> Do we need to consider both complex, multi-part licenses, and short, inline license references?
>> What kinds of licenses do we want to represent? e.g., copyright, EULAs,
>> Maybe expand legalnotice to allow the more complex forms. E.g., allow section.
>> Maybe allow legalnotice in more places than info.
>> Maybe define a set of classes for legalnotice (@class attribute, optional).
>> Maybe allow RDFa and create a specific type of link for licenses.
>> Look at revhistory as a possible example of how to handle this element.
>> Alternative would be to allow legalnotice to refer to a normal appendix and call it a license. That may lose semantics.
>> The TC generally agrees that it's better to use the existing legalnotice element rather than a new license element.
ACTION: Jirka: create examples of specific link types using RDFa
ACTION: Larry: create examples of how we might use an expanded legalnotice.

c: Bob: revise broadcast message inviting interested people to join the DocBook based upon committee input at last meeting.

d: Bob: Look into whether we can get docbook.org to use https (Github issue 72)
COMPLETE: currently, github does not allow this at this time. See email from Bob [3].

e: Bob: Ask Jirka whether schema website has been updated.
>> CONTINUE: Depends on action f.

f: Bob: Talk with Norm and work up a history of Github Issue 88: DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org
>> CONTINUE: Bob is working on an errata following OASIS guidelines. Because we can only issue an errata document every
>> six months, are there any other issues we need to fix?
>> Do we have to release a point release schema or replace 5.0?
>> Does not change validation.
ACTION: all: Look for possible errata items and report to Bob.
ACTION: Bob: Does OASIS require a new version number?

g: Larry: Look into allowing types (when used in method and function) to be more than 1 type.
Ready for discussion: see email from Larry [4].
>> This is a common in modern languages.
>> Do we need a wrapper or can we allow multiple instances of the type element?
>> TC prefers allowing multiple instances of the type element.
ACTION: Larry: will ask submitter of issue 91 whether allowing multiple instances of type
will do, or if a wrapper is needed.

6. Future of DocBook

7. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):

Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open on Github until included
in a release, but they are not listed here):

6 Add buildtarget element

54 Add XIncludes to Assembly Schema

71 license tag

72 The DocBook websites should really be using https

78 Schema website should be updated

88 DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org

91 Allow types (when used in method and function) to be more than 1 type.

NEW Issues:

93 Diff between doc of resource element and Assembly schema
>> Documentation for the resource element in assembly is incorrect (issue 93). Resulted from
>> changes in the feature that didn't get reflected in the documentation.
>> Need to review the documentation.
ACTION: Bob: make this change in the documentation.

94 Allow subfigures
>> Suggestion was to allow figure to nest. The RNG schema allows this, but the
>> Schematron rules do not.
>> Easiest way to handle this would be to change the Schematron rules and allow nesting
>> Suggestion to allow figure inside table, which is currently not allowed.
>> Suggestion to use annotations.
CONTINUE to next meeting.

Adjourned at 5 minutes after the hour.

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201706/msg00003.html
[2] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201707/msg00001.html
[3] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201707/msg00002.html
[4] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201707/msg00003.html

-- Mr. Richard Hamilton
Document Name: Meeting Minutes 9 August 2017

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Richard Hamilton
Group: OASIS DocBook TC
Folder: Meeting Notes
Date submitted: 2017-08-09 12:57:47

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]