Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] legalsection versus section in legalnotice

Hi Norm,

Yes, by default the formatting of legalsection is indistinguishable from section. It is up the implementor to customize it if they want to. Making it an element makes it easier to customize formats, easier to find and maintain, and easier to extract for review by a legal department.

Regarding numbering, the stylesheets currently number section, sect1 through sect5, and simplesect as the same numbering set. We would add legalsection to that set. I'm not clear where the complexity you are referring to comes in?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net