OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 13 March 2019

Since we could not get the teleconference working, here is my update on action items. Since we did not have a meeting, we cannot have minutes, but you can record these and mark them as needed for the agenda for April to reflect the progress on action items.

a. I discussed docbook elements in assembly with Jirka, and he says the assembly schema is built from the latest docbook schema files, so it is not a copy. He says he will look at it again to see if it can be reduced. The problem is that we allow all info elements inside <merge> elements, and info includes a lot of biblio elements and legalnotice, which has a lot of docbook content elements. We may have to live with a large assembly schema file, but at least it will not get out of synch with the main docbook schema. COMPLETED

b. I passed my documentation updates for assembly to Norm, who updated the files and rebuilt TDG. For the record, Norm has committed to maintaining the Definitive Guide. COMPLETED

c. Jirka has incorporated all the assembly fixes that we approved into the schema, 5.2b06. COMPLETED

f. I reviewed the section content models regarding refentry and reported on that in a separate email. COMPLETED

I have not had a chance to review Larry's legalsection proposal.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
On 3/11/2019 9:06 AM, Scott Hudson wrote:

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 13 March 2019


The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday,Â13 March 2019

(11am PDT, 12noon MDT, 1pm CDT, 2pm EDT, and 8pm CET)


a.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂScott Hudson

b.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂBob Stayton

c.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLarry Rowland

Regrets: Sabine Ocker

2.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAccept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (13 February 2019)Â

3. Next meeting:Â10 April 2019

4. Review of the agenda.Â

5. Review of open action items

a. Â Bob to discuss with Jirka how to trim down the assembly model with the xinclude support.

b.ÂÂÂÂÂBob to update documentation of Assembly proposals in 5.2
Bob has the content, but needs to understand the process. Bob needs to get more info from Norm on how to maintain the documentation in github.

Bob/Jirka to include Assembly proposals in 5.2:


i.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGrammar is used to identify a particular set of content. A matching grammar should also appear on the transform to convert the content appropriately.

ii.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂname is used to identify a particular set of content, with a matching transform to some non-standard output.

iii.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgrammar = inputs to normalize to DocBook

iv.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂname = outputs from DocBook to a non-standard format

v.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂset name OR grammar, but not both on both transform and resource

vi.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdo not use mime type for grammar

**Bob clarify according to minutes: Add @name to transform and @transform to resource. Need to reflect changes (after test) to the documentation.Â

d. Extension for synopsis elements

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ (Issue #111)

ACTION: All to review info element proposals and provide any feedback to Bob. Bob submitted samples to list 11FEB2019.

ACTION: Bob follow up with the submitter to see if generic info would work.

ACTION: All to review with someone familiar with various programming languages to see if this provides enough detail to map to various languages


e. Larry to create an integrated proposal for legalsection, all to review before next meeting for approval.ÂÂÂÂ

f. Bob to review models for issue #112 and address schema corrections.

g. ALL: start work on action items earlier

h. Scott to send a reminder mid-month.

i. OASIS has gone through a re-branding effort, which will impact future deliverables. Rework templates?


9. Social media presence for DocBook

Purpose: To raise awareness of actions (votes, calls for information, etc.)


10. Review of Requests for Enhancement

To find a Github issue by number, enter the URL (on one line):



No new issues.


Open Issues (Note: items that have been accepted are still open

on Github until included in a release,

but they are not listed here):


71 license tag


78 Schema website should be updated


88 DB 5.0: @name -> title change not published on docbook.org CLOSED


93 Diff between doc of resource element and Assembly schema


99 Add <endorsement> to <info>

Consider for Publishers.


100 DocBook 5.1 catalog.xml uses incorrect version


103 XML DTD of DocBook 5.1


112Ârefentry in sect1


111ÂDocBook Library (tentative name)Â- Supercedes 107, 108, 109, 110







Thanks and best regards,




Voting member:

Boeing Data Standards Technical Advisory Board

OASIS DocBook TC (Secretary), Publishers SC (Chair)

OASIS DITA TC, Tech Comm SC, LwDITA SC, Learning Content SC (Secretary)


OASIS Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) TC

Scott Hudson
Content Technology Strategist
Information and Knowledge Services
A Boeing Company

Mobile :Â303.350.7934Âscott.hudson@jeppesen.com
55 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, COÂ 80112Âwww.jeppesen.com


This document contains only administrative, uncontrolled data under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]