Subject: Fwd: Re: Legalsection element

Jirka prepared the schema files for legalsection so we can discuss. I have attached the compiled schema. If you can, please review it. Sorry for the late notice.

Bob

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Legalsection element
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 14:57:44 +0200
From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
To: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>

On 13.8.2019 18:25, Bob Stayton wrote:
I just tested again the legalsection schema that Larry Rowland proposed
back in March (see attached), and I have found one problem. It does not
allow putting a section as a sibling after a legalsection. I believe
that should be allowed. It does duplicate the behavior of simplesect,
which does not permit a section after a simplesect, but we intended
legalsection to intermix as siblings with section. A legalsection can
nest other legalsections, but not section. A section can nest section
and legalsection.

Hi Bob,

and could legalsection appear after simplesect? Could be simplesect
mixed with legalsection? I suppose that no, but I'm rather asking as
schema from Larry allows for some of this, but it doesn't look as
intentional.

He tried editing the RNG file, which is the syntax that I don't
understand very well, so I don't see where the problem lies. We also use
RNC as the master files, correct? I wonder if you might have time to
convert this to RNC with the correct behavior in time for our Wednesday
meeting. If not, then we can carry it over to the next meeting.

Yes, RNC are master files. I have updated RNC files and created pull
request:

https://github.com/docbook/docbook/pull/118

I haven't approved it yet as I would like to first get confirmation
about my above question related to simplesect and legalsection interaction.

For your convenience I'm attaching compiled schema as well.

Please let me know if further changes are need. If necessary I can
dial-in today to discuss this.

Cheers,

Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing