Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 13 MAY 2020

Hi folks,

In anticipation of the TC meeting, I pushed the 5.2b09 release. Happy testing!

> Regarding new synopsis element:
> Â         Bob will ask Jirka to document  and test the schema
> Â         Larry says the Definitive Guide will need to be updated to document the schema extensions, which will require some expertise.
> Â         Bob suggests that perhaps we could ask Norm to update the Definitive Guide.
> Â         Larry offered to collaborate with Norm or whomever will work on this and to draft useful descriptions of the multiple programing constructs  (the  C++ vs. python extensions for example)
> Â         No timeline was determined for either Jirka or Normâs
> efforts

Iâve updated TDG to include the new elements, with some crufty prose. I
really need a description of the new elements and some examples to
demonstrate the proposed semantics.

> b.        Bob to request schema change to Jirka/Norm to add the fix
> for 112 refentry in sect 1 CONTINUED.

It appears that refentry is allowed in sect1, so I think this is
completed. Unless Iâm mistaken.

> d. Scott to discuss with Jirka to create a beta of DocBook Publishers
> v1.1 (based on 5.2), which includes the accepted additions/changes (
> Issues 99, 86, 85, 84, 82, 81) CONTINUED.

Some of these have been implemented, some havenât. Iâll see if I can get
to it this week.

Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
https://nwalsh.com/