Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: XML and style sheets

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ "Jens M. Felderhoff" <j.m.f@netcologne.de> was heard to say:
| I created an XML document with the following head:
|
| <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
| <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.7//EN"
|                          "http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xml/3.1.7/docbookx.dtd" [
| <!ENTITY prelim.xml SYSTEM "prelim.xml">
[...]
| When I try to render this file using OpenJade with the command line
|
| openjade -t html -wxml -d html/docbook.dsl /usr/share/sgml/openjade/xml.dcl porting.xml
[...]
| openjade:/home/jmf/projects/SGML/docbook/html/docbook.dsl:1:73:W: no system id specified

Do you have a catalog file that makes the xml declaration the default
declaration?

  SGMLDECL xml.dcl

It seems like openjade is trying to process the stylesheet as XML. It
can't. It isn't.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Whatever you may be sure of, be
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | sure of this: that you are
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | dreadfully like other