Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: MediaObject, ImageObject & ImageData problems - Please Help

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ Stéphane Bline <sbline@apsydev.com> was heard to say:
[...]
| <mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata entityref="epsimage"
| format="EPS" width="181"
| scalefit="true"></imagedata></imageobject><imageobject><imagedata
| entityref="gifimage" format="GIF" width="181"
| scalefit="true"></imagedata></imageobject></mediaobject></figure></para>
| </chapter>
|
| When I output this using jade in both html & rtf format, the
| first picture is not aligned on the right side of the doc nor
| scaled 50% as it should be and the second one is not scaled
| either. What am I doing wrong ?

Nothing. The stylesheets don't really support scalefit. It's
best to make the images the correct size. (Using imagelib in the
HTML stylesheets, I think you can make the browser do the
scaling for you, and maybe it's possible to get TeX to do it,
too, but I'm not sure how.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | First time surrealists are often
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | confused by the similarities
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | between fish and telephones.