Subject: DOCBOOK: RFC -> DocBook converter

Hey there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted an automated conversion of
the RFCs to DocBook?

I did the FTP RFC manually and there weren't a whole lot of things that
couldn't be automated. Of course there would need to be human fixing of
things such as figures and some of the weird ASCII layout they use which
is difficult to replicate in DocBook. The hard parts of working out
sections and paragraphs at least could be scripted.

Before I start thinking about writing a Perl script to do this I was
wondering if this had been done before? What about more generic
Formatted text -> DocBook conversion?

Regards,
Chuck