Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: page number in xref

On Tue, 04 Jul 2000, Camille wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need that <xref linkend="ch01"> be rendered "Introduction, Page 11"
> I tried to find the function I need to redefine inserting the %n and %p
> variables, but I couldn't. Help appreciated,
>
> Thanks, Camille.

i thought you could do like this
<xref linkend="ch01">
and reference it like this
<chapter label= "whatever" xreflabel="Introduction, Page 11" id="ch01">
infact label= "" is not a strict requirement but if it already there you can
keep it and it should generate the required for you in SGML but xml it is not
happening for me  and norman  is yet  react on this

hope this helps

regards
--
maddy

         Fishing baskets are employed to catch fish;
         but when the fish are got, the men forget the baskets;
         Words are employed to convey ideas;
         but when the ideas are grasped, the men forget the words;

					        --"Chuang Tzu"