Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Which Variant of DocBook (SGML or XML)?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> It would be fairly easy to write a validator to check for things like
> nested footnotes, if you're concerned that your authors might do that.
> This XSL stylesheet will do the trick, in fact:

I'd rather vote to have a proper DTD (SGML) lying around to do the
validation with a SGML parser.  This proposed DTD would also help
Emacs/PSGML offering the right tags while editing.

But thanks for pointing out how to use XSLT as a validation tool :)

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,