Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook: The Definitive Guide V2.0.2 published online

/ Carlos <ho@dpi.inpe.br> was heard to say:
| Lately I been searching for software (specially Java API) that
| makes the conversion a number of format (including PDF) to
| DocBook. I was unsuccessful in this endeavour.

And I'm afraid you will continue to be unsuccessful. Converting
unstructured markup (such as PDF) to a structured format (such as
DocBook) is notoriously difficult. The central problem is that the
conversion adds (semantic) information to the document and while
humans are very good at that, software isn't.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is good to have an end to journey
http://nwalsh.com/            | toward; but it is the journey that