Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: <*list> In or After <para>?

The reply/question is really more appropriate for docbook-apps. I notice
that when I have

<para>
Text. Text. Text.
<orderedlist>
<listitem>
<para>
Text of list item one.
</para>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<para>
Text of list item two.

Using Norm's xsl stylesheets, in the html output, I get:

Text. Text. Text.
1. Text of list item one.

2. Text of list item two.

However, in the fo/pdf output, it does what I would expect and prefer:

Text. Text. Text.

1. Text of list item one.

2. Text of list item two.

This happens even now matter how I set spacing.paras.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
David