Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: [ #456174 ] Req: a <YearRange> within <copyright>

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 09:33:08AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> | Anyway it'd be useless to discuss it as long as a DTD is the
> | authoritative definition of DocBook.  Maybe when we come to some
> | schema...
>
> I don't actually see how that's relevant...

It refers to:

> For the record: you can already use <year>1999-2000</year> or any other
> range that you want and there is no proposal on the table to attempt to
> prevent this.

IIRC, w3c schema allow to specify restrictions on an element's
content.  So with a schame we could syntactically constraint a Year
element with something like "\d+( BC)?" so that we have only valid
years - which I suppose would count as an "attempt to prevent this" in
your statement.  Which we can't do AFAIK with a DTD.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre