OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: DOCBOOK: DocBook TC Meeting Minutes: 24 Sep 2001

| DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 24 Sep 2001
| ========================================================
| Agenda
| 1. Roll Call

Michael Sabrio
Michael Smith
Norman Walsh

Meeting called to order by the chair.

| 2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting


| 3. Review of the agenda

Added Bob Stayton's OLink proposal as item 7.b

| 4. Review of open action items
|    a. Norm to make sure there's a link to the RFEs from the DocBook home
|       page.


|    b. Norm to write a concrete proposal for linking in DocBook 5.0


|    c. Norm to publish closed RFEs as a static page for historical reference


|    d. Norm to propose new "name and address" markup


|    e. Sabine to draft initial proposal for help topic authoring


|    f. Sabine to post a summary of continuing discussions about the
|       content model of lists and procedures.


|    g. 431413 RFE 121: add markup for signals

Continued. Will work towards producing a 4.2.

|    h. Post message to DocBook list about Bibliographys in Refentrys.

Completed[3]. This drew no comment from the list.

|    i. 436072 Need for an infosdiv.contents entity


| 5. Vote on HTML Module

Proposed: publish error-corrected version as 1.1.


| 6. Vote on allowing non-TC members to subscribe to the TC mailing list

Proposed: allow non-TC members to subscribe.


| 7. Discuss metadata

Micheal Sabrio: pointer to Murray Altheim's XHTML metadata proposal.

Action: TC will read Murray's proposal and consider out-of-line metadata
for the next telcon.

  7.b OLink Proposal

There's general agreement with the proposal.

Action: Mike Smith to formulate concrete proposal for changes to the DTD.

| 8. Review open RFEs
|    438332 Add optional Glossary to Set

Why is a separate book less than ideal?

|    439136 Allow literallayout in epigraph


|    439938 specify link destination for area

Pending until we have a general linking strategy

|    440081 No example for ReleaseInfo


|    440597 add svg to imagedata format enumeration


|    440667 Affiliation lacks CorpName

Action: Norm to ask on list.

|    441883 endterm behavior in link

Action: Norm to attempt to improve the description and post on list

|    444337 epilogue in dtd?

What is the use case? Use preface?

|    451030 xref to block

Pending until we have a general linking strategy.

|    451032 xref format subelement

Use xref role or ID with stylesheet changes. This would add
presentational information to the semantic markup.

|    456174 a <YearRange> within <copyright>

Action: Norm to ask on list.

|    456460 Ordering of attribute declarations


|    456466 Other article classes

Use role and ask us to add specific class values.

|    456469 Entities for more attributes

Rejected. The existing mechanisms are sufficient.

|    458669 sdocbook: morerows should be NUMBER

Rejected. This is XML.

9. Any other business

Action: Norm to ask Karl about f2f meeting schedule in Orlando

Meeting adjourned by the chair.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200108/msg00067.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/old-rfes.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200108/msg00081.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Life always comes to a bad
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | end.--Marcel Aym\'e
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC