Subject: DOCBOOK: DocBook TC Meeting Minutes: 30 Nov 2001

| DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 Nov 2001
| ========================================================
|
| Agenda
|
| 1. Roll call

Patricia Gee-Best
Dick Hamilton (prospective)
Sabine Ocker
Michael Smith
Norman Walsh, chair

Absent:

Dennis Evans
Bob Stayton (prospective)

Regrets:

Nancy (Paisner) Harrison

Meeting called to order by the chair.

| 2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting

Accepted.

| 4. Review of the agenda

None.

| 5. Review of open RFEs[2]
|
|      To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):
|
|         http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&;
|         group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=XXXX
|
|      where XXXX is the RFE number.
|
|    423598 Content models that allow BridgeHead

Accepted. We will remove bridgehead from glossdiv, indexdiv, bibliodiv.

|    440667 Affiliation lacks CorpName

Open.

Action: Norm to write concrete proposal.

|    441883 endterm behavior in link

Open.

Document the redundancy.

|    470599 Need an imagedata to fit to max size

Open.

Requested a use case from the submitter.

|    472229 Allow HTML tables

There's general support for this feature, but no consensus
for how to achieve it. We could use the xhtml namespace, or
we could force authors to make a top-level choice: either
HTML tables or CALS tables, not both, in a document.

Preference: Namespaces or strict alternatives
                1                2.5

Action: Norm to ask on DocBook list

|    472984 end note support

Rejected.

Stylesheet issue.

|    473193 Add text form for equations

Closed.

Superceded by 480954.

|    473365 Allow optional in funcprototype

Open.

UNIX Reference pages usually address this problem by repeating the
entire synopsis.

Action: Norm to ask on DocBook list

|    477073 Modularize the hierarchy further

Rejected.

|    480954 Extend textobject to insert external files

Accepted.

|    480955 Add coref

Accepted.

|    480957 New name and address markup

Postponed until the next meeting.

|    482810 MsgText has far too broad a content mode

Accepted.

|    482811 Remove title from bibliocomponent.mix

Accepted.

|    482812 Adjust content of CiteTitle

Accepted.

|    482815 Remove %synop.class; from %para.char.mix

Accepted.

|    482818 Simplify ToC content model

Open.

Action: Norm to ask on list

|    482819 Keep 'cooked' and 'raw' separated

Accepted.

|    482922 Allow MsgText only inside MsgSet

Accepted.

At this point the committee ran out of time.
Meeting adjourned by the chair.

| 11. Review of pending RFEs
|
|    412476 Class on ProductName should be #IMPLIED
|    413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME
|    416415 Remove Constant class from SystemItem
|    425730 Create an SVG module
|    431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability
|    431412 RFE 113: proc. exp. of RevHistory order
|    434838 add partintroinfo element
|    435518 Allow bibliography in refsect1
|    436067 splitting tech.char.class
|    439938 specify link destination for area
|    440081 No example for ReleaseInfo
|    444337 epilogue in dtd?
|    451030 xref to block
|    456460 Ordering of attribute declarations
|
| [1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200111/msg00008.html
| [2] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?group_id=21935&atid=384107

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | One must look for one thing only,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | to find many.--Cesare Pavese