Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: docbook/website : problems building it

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:16:49PM -0800, Sean Champ wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wanting to make my own branch on the docbook/website
> modules, so i checked out the docbook/website CVS tree.
>
> I also decided to work on a means for auto-generating a catalog file
> during the 'make all' in the docbook/website source-tree, using data
> that would be added to the various docbook/website files. I wasn't
> sure if that was already taken care of with 'make website.dtd'; i
> haven't been able to get website.dtd to successfully build, either.
>
> [stuff deleted]

The Makefiles that are part of the SourceForge CVS tree
were not written to be portable, they were written to
be run internally to build the various downloadable
packages.   Quoting from cvstools/README.CVS:

"These tools won't work on your system. They'll be made
more portable at some future date. For now, you should just
hack them to make them work on your system."

Have fun hacking!  8^)

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com